break in oil

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: break in oil
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:38:40 -0800
Hello again,   I have my rebuilt engine back in my chassis and I am thinking
of starting it up before I deliver it to the paint and body shop.  I would
like to get advise on what type or weight oil to use during the initial
running of the newly rebuilt engine.  I have kept a lot of prior postings
concerning different methods of insuring the oil is pumping and up to
pressure before any possible damage is done but I don't seem to find much in
the archives about what type of engine oil to use.
Thanks for any help.
Ron