Healey Blue -- try two

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Blue -- try two
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:39:29 -0500
After postponing decisions to paint a year, I've decided that, correct or not,
I'd like to paint the M in a silver blue which matches the hue which now
appears in the first surface on the underside of the stone guard, under the
horizontal intake faring, and on the underside of the bonnet. The second coat
applied in the late 90's is sloughing off the bottom of the bonnet, and as you
scratch away the friable newer paint with your fingernail, you get a brilliant
light blue with a definitive greenish cast. Even after abrading the original
paint with 600 grit, the greenish cast remains, and it is a pleasing color;
definitely silver blue, but 'livelier' than what I see on other Healeys, and
definitely less silvery than the second coat of my car.

Does anyone have a formulation that would approximate this? I've tried
scanning and that just doesn't get the right match, at least with the IDC(?)
color system. Is this something a good paint shop can match using the old
fasioned eyeball system?

Allen Miller, BN2-M