Re: Need Help with Reinstalling Carbs

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>,
Subject: Re: Need Help with Reinstalling Carbs
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:20:10 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Rich,  are you sure about the gaskets between each of the three spacers or
insulating blocks.  I ask because I took mine apart several months ago and did
not find any gaskets between the three blocks, just on either side of the
stack.  I reused the original spacers which are some type of wood and resin
composit, not the black plastic ones from Moss.  I just put the rebuilt carbs
back on my car this last weekend.  The original spacers are very tight together
after bolting on the carbs.  I seriously doubt you would get a vacuum leak here
from the intake manifold vacuum.  The head gasket kit I used did not contain
enough gaskets to place one between each of the three insulating spacers.
Ron
BN7