Oil thrower

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil thrower
From: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:14:21 -0700
Hi all..

Question here ..

My timing cover seal has leaked even since my rebuild (some my remember
earlier correspondence...).  I had some else do the bottom end rebuild so
this is new territory.

I removed the crank pulley and timing cover yesterday.  What I found was
that yes the oil thrower washer is in place, however, it in not held still
in one place on the crank and it must spin freely when the crank turns.  In
other words, the oil thrower seems to ly in a place where there is no keyway
(that is in a space between the 2 keyways along the crank.  (It slip on from
the fron using the keyway).  My question is , Is this correct?  Or is the
oil thrower supposed to be fixed on the crank (and therefore something is
wrong with the configuration I have?  I will be on the road here so may not
get back to my pc for a few days but this is nagging at me as I leave for
the airport..

Thanks.

Jim Sailer 66 BJ8