Re: Gas tank sealing rubber

To: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank sealing rubber
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:15:30 +0800
Hi Ron -

The rubber goes around the square hole in the boot floor.

By the way, it is a very good idea to get some neoprene camper seal
and cut several dozens of squares and put them in spaced intervals
undeneath the whole tank.

Healey gas tanks tend to rust from the outside in because the tank
sits directly on the boot floor.  That means water can accumulate over
time under the tank and not escape because the "tank on boot floor" is
basically two huge pieces of flat metal sitting flush against each
other.

With the neoprene squares lifting the tank off the boot floor... not
only will it provide some cushion when driving down the road... it
will give enough space for moisture to escape and dry out.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8