RE: Piston Set

To: "Carlos Cruz" <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Piston Set
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:36:23 -0600
 Carlos, I bought a set (for my 3000 engine) as you described from
British Parts Northwest in Salem, Oregon a few years back.  Try them at
www.bpnorthwest.com.  However, I opted to sleeve the engine back to std.
bore.  I sent the 0.060 set back to them and they were happy to swap for
a std. bore set.  Nice guys here....  I checked the cyl. Wall thickness
at 0.060 and it was a little too thin for my comfort zone as I was a bit
scared of overheating and of the cyls becoming barrel shape from being
so thin.  Anyway, I am very happy with the sleeve job back to std. bore.
Lotsa Luck,
Jack