Targa 65 and Friends

To: bn1@pacbell.net, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Targa 65 and Friends
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:04:58 +1100
Bill
Glad you enjoyed the Healey history.It always amazes me as to how far
the Healey net extends and the high profile people associated with
Donald and his cars.He was a great motivator and publicity
arranger.After your tour of Oz. I was shown great hospitality by
yourself and others on the West Coast eg. the Faughnans and Boltons.The
US group tour of Australia was the first of several successfull
exchanges with a lot of Healey people billeted with locals, all
co-inciding with the Sydney  NSW  National Rally.
If my memory serves correctly you helped prepare me for the 23 hour
flight home by relaxing in a hot tub from approx 8pm to 6am then
straight to LAX
It was at that time in the learnings of Healey history that Dave Ramstad
supplied 'original' racing Healey photos,used on the front cover of HH.,
from the '60's when DD300 and John Chatham were the major upholders of
the racing folklore.

It was during this US visit that by accident I saw the last racing works
Healey [blue and white]

DRIVEN BY PAUL HAWKINS OF TARGA '65 FAME

on the front cover of Healey Highlights .At that time no one knew the
identity of DAC953C and I was pleased to confirm that it was the 1965
Sebring 12 Hour car,the last 3000 entered by the Donald Healey Motor Co.
and that it was the first original photograph I had seen.Geoff Healey
later confirmed the car and that the photograph was a publicity shot
taken during testing at Silverstone.
 Glad that you have not caved into old age or high prices and still have
#663 -congratulations

Regards Joe