BN1 BN2 Universal Laminations hardtop

To: "'Robert Westcott'" <westcotc@earthlink.net>,
Subject: BN1 BN2 Universal Laminations hardtop
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:29:26 -0600
As I mentioned privately in a reply, I happen to have a Universal
Laminations top for a BN1/BN2. It is in pretty poor shape, but it's "all
there", I think. It would serve well, after some repair, to pull a mold from
in order to make reproductions.

However, this would be a far more difficult task than reproducing the Bugeye
hardtop. The Bugeye top does not have a headliner, or any complicated
aluminum pieces, etc.

http://www.bighealey.ltd.uk/ makes a hardtop replica. It is not the
Universal Laminations style. At current US dollar rates, it converts to
about $2800, and the costs to ship to the US would be quite steep...
significantly more than their Bugeye top replicas.

It is something I'm willing to investigate this, but, you'll have to expect
this would be a expensive top. And, knowing certain elements of the Healey
community to be particularly cheap bastards, I suspect the market might be
pretty small. We'll see.

WST