Re: Wire wheels.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheels.
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:46:24 -0500
I think 48 spoke wheels are getting a bad rap.   I ran the original 48 spoke
wheels (with radial tires BTW) on my BN1 from 1976 through about 1996.  Also
ran old 48's on my BN7 for a few years before I replaced them with
chrome/stainless Dayton 60's.  Never had a problem with any of the
48's...lots of miles and some intense autocrossing.
All big healeys through early BJ7 came with the 48's.

On the other hand, I know other folks have had problems with 48's and unless
you really like the looks of them, or are going for absolute original, I
would replace them with 72's when the time comes for new wheels.

Jim