Re: Hand brake sealing?

To: "KENNETH MASON" <meditionm@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Hand brake sealing?
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:17:02 -0800
Kenneth
I'm just now reassembling the handbrake on my BJ7.  I see what you mean.
There's a 1/4" gap x 10" long between the opening in the sheet metal tunnel
and the bracket inside the tunnel.  The foam ring would only separate the
pivot shaft of the lever (was this just to prevent dust from getting into
the shaft?)but not the 10" strip of open space.  This bigger gap probably
should closed to separate the tunnel  area(exterior) from the interior of
the car.  There is a vinyl covering on the car interior side of the tunnel
but this is for esthetic reasons for the carpet (not bound) to lap over.  It
does nothing to close off said gap.
Richard Bittmann BJ7, Tacoma