disc brake piston boots

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: disc brake piston boots
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:55:19 -0500
Subject: Re: disc brake piston boots

I thought those were a pain too....
If I remember correctly, I attached the boot to the caliper first, then
applied a very light film of lithium grease to the lip of the boot. ...Then
slid the piston into the caliper as far as it would go, and pushed on the
sides of the boot to work the lip up to the groove in the piston. I used a
v.small common screwdriver to help work the lip into the piston groove. (being
careful not to cut the boot) -I think I did a little cussing too, which seemed
to help.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA