Re: timing chain advice

To: RAntal243@aol.com
Subject: Re: timing chain advice
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:22:25 +0800
Rich -

It's pretty unusual for a timing chain to break, the loads on them are
quite low and with a dual chain set up they are quite durable.  To be
honest I would be more worried about spinning a bearing or chipping a
valve... which.... both things should not happen on your trip.

Timing belts on new cars need regular maintenance, and Ford for many
years used fiber timing gears which always stripped out over time...
but timing chains?  Pretty solid stuff.

Just go for it.  At the end of the day if the healey does break... so
what?  you'll have a good time any way you cut it.  go have a good
time and leave your worries in the boot with your tools.  Besides...
country road miles are the easiest on your car (and engine) as long as
there's enough oil in the sump!!!!!

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8