Re: brake pistons

To: James Shope <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Subject: Re: brake pistons
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:03:53 +0800
James -

It sounds to me that your left hand brake hose may have gone bad.  It
can cause symptoms like this when the inner lining on the rubber brake
hose breaks loose and acts like a "check valve" ,  which can cause the
brake to stick or grab on for a period.  This can  can cause both
intermittent or constant problems in this situation.  Checking the
hoses can be deceptive because air may travel through no problem, but
only will stick when fluid flows through under pressure.

Sounds like to me you need to change all of your brake hoses.  I would
put on the SS/teflon ones that are available now...

Good Luck!

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8