Refitting the trans

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Refitting the trans
From: "Thomas Mulligan" <tpmul@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:40:03 -0500
I just replaced the clutch on my BJ8 and I am about ready to install the
trans. I noticed the manual has a the following instruction:
"Do not tighten the bellhousing bolts until the set pins are in position".
The set pins appear to be two of the six bolts attaching the rear of the
trans to the chassis (the two that secure from the bottom). On my car the
hole that these bolts pass through on the chassis are slightly elongated,
front to rear, so I am not sure what they are getting at here. Any tips on
re-installing the trans?
Thanks
Tom