Re: BN7 Seat belt installation

To: ahpowered@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BN7 Seat belt installation
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:54:14 +0100 (BST)
Hi Scott,

I recently installed three point inertia reels in my BN2. I fixed the shoulder
mount to the side of the inner wheel wells fairly low down, to minimize the
interference of the folded down top with the inertia reels. I got the belts
from Norman Nock who was most helpful in providing mounting advice. You didn't
say if your belts are inertia reel. If they are, you need the type that can be
adjusted so the internal ratchet arrangement is verticle or horizontal, even
with the reel mounted at an angle. Again with advice from Norman, I got a
"wrap" of material made that fits around the folded down top. This pulls the
top into a tight bundle and allows the inertia reels to run freely underneath.

Mike