Tranny Swap

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny Swap
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:04:52 EST
In a message dated 3/27/05 10:26:25 PM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> Hello,
> does anyone know any of the Vintage Race org. stands on this gearbox swap??
> my 100 has an early 100/6 or 3000 box w/ hydraulic clutch , the swap done
> around 1960 along w/ front discs....
>                                                                  HoYo

At the risk of mistating policies, it is my understanding that the group with
which I run -- Classic Sports Racing Group -- would accept the change, since
we permit any modifications that could have been done within the 1967 SCCA
rules, which permitted updating or backdating within a marque (For example, in
my
MGA, I run an early MGB tranny, clutch, flywheel, front king pins, and front
brakes.)
YMMV
Cheers
Gary