Re: Radiator Mounting

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Radiator Mounting
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:00:13 -0700
Hi Gary,

I think it depends on how flexible the frame/body structure is on a
particular car. If the structure is somewhat flexible, a rigidly mounted
radiator will be forced to flex & this will break the radiator's
relatively delicate joints. Other cars with more rigid structures can
use a solidly mounted radiator without fear of flexing the radiator.
Without going into details, some car designs are notably more flexible
in the frame & body structure than others. Cars that were originally
rigid may also have become more flexible due to rust damage. This shows
up in the car's handling also.

Dave Russell
BN2