Re: bt7doorlatches

To: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bt7doorlatches
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:37:20 -0500
Kurt,
Sometimes cheating and packing the latches further into the door is the only
way to overcome this problem.
Another thing to check is that the latch pin hasn't worn along the edge to a
point where it will not stay in the hole in the striker. Looking at the
latch pin, it should have a chamfer only on the inbard side to allow it to
slide by the striker surface and click into the hole. The other side of the
pin should have no wear at all.
Rich Chrysler