Radiator hose clamps

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator hose clamps
From: "KENNETH MASON" <meditionm@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:12:00 -0800
Hose clamp, Hose clamp, Hose clamp!

I am trying to come up with the correct radiator hose clamps for my BJ7
restoration.  At this point, I am at best confused and at worst bewildered.
The Anderson/Moment guide states that BJ7 - BJ8 both came with serrated /worm
gear band clamps (no slots for the worm gear) yet their photos are not
consistent with the text requirements.  They also reference AH part No.
HCS1217 that is supposed to represent the correct clamp.  My parts list
AKD1151, 4th edition illustrates this number to be one of the older cotter-pin
type clamps.  I know it is much easier to change the listed part number than
to modify the art work.  Graham Robson's "The Big Healeys"  has photos of both
BJ7 and BJ8 that use wire type clamps.  Geoffrey Healey's book "The story of
the big Healeys" displays wire clamps on a BJ8 on page 109.  Brooklands Books
Austin Healey 100 and 3000, 1952 - 1968 has photos of both BJ7 and BJ8 both
with wire type clamps.  The Originality Guide. by the Concours Registry says
BJ7 and BJ8 had the serrated/worm gear band clamps and that the only clamps
acceptable must be of this type and must also be stamped "Made in England".
Sorry this is so long, but I am trying to do a correct restoration.  What is
the correct hose clamp, and where are they available?

Ken Mason

BJ7 in work