Re: castrol GTX oil

To: Peter Ryner <pryner@verizon.net>, Healey List
Subject: Re: castrol GTX oil
From: Dean Caccavo <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:26:03 -0800 (PST)
Peter -

I looked at ebay for possible values by checking for
completed items sold.  Doesn't seem that the old
cardboard cans would be worth the effort to
photpograph/sell/pack/ship.  When it comes to ebay, I
have adopted the $100 dollar rule.  "If it is worth
less than $100 dollars, try to find someone who really
wants it and give it away..."  Pay it forward as they
say in the movies.

Regarding the cans, when I bought my BN7 in 1997, the
previous owner, who valued the car as if it were an
old Toyota, proudly handed me a dirty cardboard can of
GTX 20/50 and said "Now son, this is the only oil that
I use in the sports car." It's hard to find.

I thanked him, and thought to myself "Hummm...so it
has been 15 years since he changed the oil."  I still
have the can as a reminder of the story.

Dean