Works type shifter & Bad news (not Healey related)

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Works type shifter & Bad news (not Healey related)
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions.  There were some great
ideas.

I have one other question for those in the know...  Did the early Healeys with
sideshift gear boxes ever come with a "Z" type lever instead of the more common
"L" type lever?  I would like to figure out a way to get the Works OD switch in
a more vertical position rather than the tilted horizontal position provided
with the "L" type lever.

For those of you familiar with other British marques, is there another type of
car that came with a Z" type lever that can be retro-fitted to a Healey gear
box?  Any leads for me to research are greatly appreciated.

Now on a completely different topic... I had to put down one of my favorite
navigators this past Wednesday - my yellow lab, Gracie.  She loved to go for
rides in the car and was always there when my children had no interest.  If the
car alone didn't turn heads, Gracie in the passenger seat certainly did.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Cheers,
Carlos Cruz