Re: Selling Healey stuff on the list

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Selling Healey stuff on the list
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 07:33:46 -0700
This question comes up periodically on the List.  The concensus has usually been
that individuals offering Healey-related items for sale is approved of by most.
 It's
a good idea to put "For Sale"--or something similar--in the subject line so
people
who know they aren't interested can delete the item immediately.

"Commercial" sellers have to be more careful.  In general, commercial sellers
should refrain from "advertising," but may offer parts as a solution to a
particular
problem or announce when a hard-to-find or previously unobtainable part becomes
available.  In other words, don't post a catalog every week but if something
special
comes up a brief message is OK.

There are some suggestions in the List "official" guidelines, but Mark has made
these as libertarian as possible.  The status quo seems fine on this List (IMO).

BTW, there is no List "moderator."  We are self-policing ;)

bs

Subject: Selling Healey stuff on the list