Re: BJ7 Engine Color

To: "HealeyList" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ7 Engine Color
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:08:25 -0400
Richard, it is generally accepted that the factory always used a yellow-green
color for the engines of precisely 5,379.2 Angstrom units wavelength.
However, the subject of blue engines has come up before.  Quite a few people
claim to have cars with engines, apparently original, that are definitely more
blue than green (I have seen one or two myself).  For BJ8s, two of these cars
are within 10 chassis numbers of each other.

If you want to match the blue color of your engine, you'll probably have to
have the paint specially-mixed; otherwise, the Moss and Hirsch colors are good
for the yellow-green.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry