Re: Fuel tank not gauge problem

To: Paul Baker <paulbaker51@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Fuel tank not gauge problem
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:02:52 -0600
Hi Paul,

I had the same thing happen with a steel tank. One of the baffles was
completely loose & just sliding around at random. I think the baffles
are just spot welded in place & occasionally come loose.

As you say, not much room to work. I think the choices are to live with
it, cut the tank open - repair - reweld tank, or replace the tank. Many
radiator shops will repair fuel tanks. It may be less frustration to
just replace the tank. Not pleasant choices. You can try pushing the
baffle out of the way which may help for a while. I replaced the tank.

Dave Russell
BN2