Re: TEXAS COOLER AND FAN

To: Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au, Tomsimkins@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TEXAS COOLER AND FAN
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:34:51 -0400
I lost my radiator to a plastic Flex-a-lite six blade fan last summer on
my BJ8. It was pulling so much air, it pulled the pulley right off the
pump shaft and ran the fan into the core. Folks should check the pulley
and be sure it is seated all the way. I put a small, quick MIG tack weld
on it to be sure it stays this time. I can always Dremel the tack away
if need be. The 60 BT7 parts pile radiator appeared to have suffered the
same fate at some point in it's past as it was soldered up (ugly job at
best). It held water and got me around the rest of the season. It gets a
new core next. The newly cored radiator is back in and just needs bolted
and coolant added tomorrow night. Went with the modern core for maximum
cooling.

Dave