Re: Carpet snaps

To: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Carpet snaps
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:06:43 -0400
Tracy asked:
> Approximate areas  for a BT7   Moss kit.  What about overlapping pieces,
> do I do carpet to carpet snaps (layered snaps)?

Check out my article re "Installing Carpets in a BT7" in Just Brits web site
under "Various Articles".
http://www.justbrits.com/articles.htm
I give the approx. dimensions for the snaps there.
The carpets shouldn't overlap very much except where the floor carpets will
lay over the tunnel carpet edges somewhat. The carpet kits usually come much
bigger in these areas and must be trimmed for a reasonable fit. Often the
original stuff has been observed to overlap a couple of inches here. There
would be no snaps or other means of anchoring one carpet layer to another.
Hope this helps,
Rich Chrysler