Re: Scuttle Seals Article Sought--clarification

To: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>,
Subject: Re: Scuttle Seals Article Sought--clarification
From: "James Lea" <clocks@midcoast.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:11:36 -0400
I used Bill's and was very happy. Granted, they are a bitch to install and
directions don't help much. It is a 'feel as you go job'. If I remember
correctly I started in the middle at the bend and worked outward to both
ends. I used copper split rivets that I found at the local hardware. Find
the hole in the scuttle through the rubber with an awl, then drill through
the rubber and the hole and insert the rivet. Do not cut the upper end off
until the very last thing as you will need the extra rubber to bend over the
shroud under the dash top. Here I used a pop rivet. Good luck, JL

James Lea
PO Box 25
Rockport Maine, 04856

1952 Triumph Mayflower Saloon