Door check straps again

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door check straps again
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:38:16 +0100
Thank you for your replies.
Close scrutiny of both straps once removed from car demonstrated that:-
They were attached to the wrong doors!
The thread on the LHT was stripped
The thread on the RHT was stripped; a bolt had been substituted but not
welded on.
About par for the course and I think the paint shop man may be the one to
blame.
Putting them on the right way round certainly makes the door opening wider.
Maybe I'm not as porky as I'd thought and there may yet be room for another
beer or two.

So, what size are the nuts & studs? Once I know that I can buy (hopefully)
the correct LHT nut which I'll have welded at the same time as the RHT one?
Thanks,
Simon.

Simon Lachlan
Comfort House