RE: OD Solenoid

To: "'James E Austin, Jr.'" <ahbugeye1@juno.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD Solenoid
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:16:47 -0400
Hi Sam,
It sounds to me as though the "hold" coil of that solenoid has failed. (not
a very common thing). What is happening is that the "pull" coil is pulling
the plunger in which opens a set of points to disconnect the "pull" coil.
The result is that the plunger bounces back out, the points close again and
the process repeats itself.
Probably the best thing is to get a new one unless you are very good an
winding coils.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com