Re: Oversize Valve Seats

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Oversize Valve Seats
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 12:19:06 -0600
Hi Mike,

It depends on the overall engine design. The in & out need to be
somewhat balanced. What can't get out can't get in & vs. Usually the
exhaust needs to flow about 70% to 80% of what the intake flows. Some
folks believe that the original exhaust valves/ports are
disproportionately restrictive. I have certainly not found any
disadvantage to this modification.

Dave Russell
Bn2