Re: Overdrive not working correctly (now fixed)

To: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive not working correctly (now fixed)
From: "mnhealey" <mnhealey@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 21:09:43 -0500
I figured out with Dave Russell's help (healey lister also) that the W1 and
W2 wiring really doesn't matter.  He sent me a GREAT wiring diagram that
isolates the o/d circuit.

As far as W1 and W2 go:  It's just a relay.  Doesn't care which direction
the current flow goes, just that it goes.  The leads can be reversed as far
as W1 and W2 go on the relay.   Basically, it's just an electromagnet that
closes some contacts.

The problem was that the contacts wouldn't stay "contacted" so a cleaning
and a resetting (bending the little tab inside) the relay was the fix that
solved the problem.

Thank you all for your great help!

Cc

Curtis L. Carlson
MAHC Membership Director/Newsletter Publisher
PO Box 6844
Minneapolis, MN  55406-0844
spritemann@hotmail.com www.mnhealey.com