Re: Hack installs Pertronix!

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hack installs Pertronix!
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 06:25:41 -0700
Scott,

I've heard of the rotor contacting the cap terminals after a Pertronix install,
but
never heard of the distributor "spindle" rubbing the pickup.  Mine has a good
1/8"
clearance or more.  Actually, there's a bit of leeway on the terminals on the
cap,
raising the rotor a millimeter or so--to fit the Pertronix magnet "carrier"
(don't know
the correct term)--shouldn't be a problem for most.  I've used Lucas and Bosch
caps
and several brands/types of rotors (looking for a good one) without any problem.

You may have the wrong Pertronix model for your distributor.

bs

Subject: Hack installs Pertronix!