Something listed in hemmings

To: "healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Something listed in hemmings
From: "Robert Barback" <tippytoo@eatel.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:30:09 -0500
There was a listing for a 1960 mk ii RHD with  of all things an automatic
transmission.  listed as an original car , I was or should say un aware of
such a thing as a Austin Healey 3000 with an automatic
transmission.  I  E mailed the seller and was told the car was sold already
but would not or could not provide any other information. The reason I ask
is that my father misses being able to drive his 3000 because of a medical
condition which makes it a bit of a problem to drive the stick anymore. We
tried the smittys conversion but it was not much a of a help.
While having an automatic might not be ideal , it's better than not using it
at all.
Does anyone know of a bolt in automatic transmission  or kit or would have
any information. Thanks Robert