Re: field/shed/basement story

To: Daniel <tw002crew@shoreham.net>
Subject: Re: field/shed/basement story
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:24:40 +0800
Daniel -

I was dealing with a same sort of situation when I guy I know declared
personal bankruptcy and he had a pile of cars and motorcycles in the
back yard and his basement.  I was particularly interested in buying
his two '68 Royal Enfield 650 twin bikes (Interceptor?) and he said
he'd sell them to me after he came out of bankruptcy ... but
unfortunately by time came around I was overseas and missed out.

Stick with it... these things take patience.  You may also try dealing
with the old man.  If he doesn't sell them... then keep a friendship
with the kids and when the old man passes on you can make your play.

Jay Leno spelled out this whole morbid strategy in an article he wrote
for Popular Mechamics about 5 months ago... I really enjoyed reading
it.  He had this story, which is true, about a Duesenberg that was
parked in a garage in NYC in the 1950s... and then the garage changed
its lift system and the car won't fit in the new lift so it is still
sitting on an upper floor piling up dust.  Apparently the owner is in
his 80s and refuses to sell it, so Jay was saying how he's just biding
his time.....

;)

Cheers,

Alan