Re: Problem?? with oil pressure

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Subject: Re: Problem?? with oil pressure
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:16:19 +0800
Jack -

Another thing is the gear pumps aren't so great for maintaining
pressure at lower RPMs when the oil gets warm.  The older Rotary Vane
pump is much better, more reliable, and pumps more oil at lower RPMs
than the gear pump.  BMC replaced it with the gear pump because they
are cheaper to make.  Gear pump is also a little better for race
motors... other than that get a rotary vane pump from the UK... they
are much better and more durable for long term road use.

Regards,

Alan