Re: Servo Disassembly

To: "Dave Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Servo Disassembly
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 17:48:03 -0700
That's a solid plug with an O-ring around the perimeter to seal.
I've removed them by lightly smacking the piston body against
a cavity (so the plug can move while the piston body is stopped
suddenly).  Obviously, this is crude and you risk damaging
the piston body.

With age, the O-ring is probably glued to the piston body.  Maybe
you can push it in a little to break the bond, then it'll pop out with
some gentle smacking against wood.

I'll try to think of a better way, but that's what I've done in the past.
If you want to drill a hole and tap it, you might be able to seal it
up with JB Weld.  It's held in place by the triangular piece that
holds the vacuum canister to the piston body.

bs

Subject: Servo Disassembly