Condenser problem

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Condenser problem
From: Achim Spethmann <hspethmann@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:06:20 +0200
Last year I changed the distributor on my BJ8 to a Mallory dual point.
Since then I had the third breakdown on the road due to a bad points
condenser.
It begins with some short interrrupts during cruising, then, usually
after a stop at the lights or during a passage of stop and go the car
begins to hickup on accelerating, firing backwards and I have to look
for a save place to stop, before the engine completely dies down .
The first time, after about 1000 miles, I was towed home and checked the
whole fuel system and the carburettors, before I found the real cause,
now it is only a routine work of some minutes.
But I wonder, if it is only fate or if there is anything wrong in the
ignition circuit?

Achim
'64 BJ8