re. Condenser problem

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re. Condenser problem
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:29:32 -0700 (PDT)
If you google/yahoo search "Mallory condensor failure"
(or equivalent) you'll find this is a common
occurrance.  I went thru 1 every few mos until I
collected 5 duds!  I complained to MOSS and they only
acknowledged they sell alot...  Contacted a large
Mallory reseller and they hinted it was the weak link
in an otherwise fine bit of machinery.  I contacted
Mallory and only got a shoulder shrug response so now
in my MGA with Mallory, I use a generic condensor.
Regards,
Joe Mulqueen
'60 BT7
'56 MGA