Re: Thompson 100S

To: jackson_krall@yahoo.com, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thompson 100S
From: RobertH148@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:02:47 EDT
What great photos of Thompson and Lime Rock.
We raced at both tracks in the early 60's up until 1967 in Sprites and FV's.
We may have even been there during some of the races shown in the photos.

My partner lost a wheel off the Sprite at Thompson and rolled it at Lime Rock.

No mention of Water Front Mary's near Thompson. We had little money and slept
at the track. It rained one night and we woke up in the middle of a lake in
the infield. We went into town, found a laundry, took off everything we dared
and put the clothes into the dryer.

I don't have any photos at either track and only a few from our home track of
Vineland, NJ. They were great times and it makes me sad to think about the
great tracks that are now gone and mostly forgotten - Thompson; Marlboro, MD;
Reading, PA; Cumberland, MD; Vineland, NJ and others . The only ones left are
Lime Rock and Watkins Glen.

Bob Humphreys