Re: Thermo Choke

To: sextant@charter.net
Subject: Re: Thermo Choke
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 19:15:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/05 3:03:31 PM, sextant@charter.net writes:

> The choke tubing on my 59BT7 still have traces of engine paint on them - I
> believe the car was manufactured that way.  The engine was not gussied up
> prior to my purchasing the car in the early 70's.  I suspect when the
engine
> was painted the tubes were subject to overspray.

I suppose that's possible. You'd have to look at where they're attached to
determine if that part of the engine was assembled when it was sprayed.
Certainly the carbs weren't sprayed, but I can't remember if we deduced that
they were
covered, or that the carbs and intake manifold hadn't been put on the engine
at the point when it was sprayed.

Cheers
Gary