Re: Silicone Brk. Fluid

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Silicone Brk. Fluid
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:05:51 -0500
In my findings the consensus has been to replace ALL rubber seals.  This is
a decision best done after a complete brake job, including rubber seals.

You can just flush the system and it may work for awhile, but chances are it
will create problems down the road.

My experience was that the silicone tended to cause the rubbers to swell
excessively when I just flushed the old system.  The wheel cylinders became
too firm with VERY HARD brake peddle.   Only the front disc brakes were
working.  So instead of improving my braking it made things much worst.

I have run silicone in many of my cars and have had good results also.    I
suggest that you use a well know companies product and change ALL your
rubbers and it should last for a long time.  Remember that this stuff costs
twice as much as Dot 4 so one leaky seal is money down the drain.

And as I have mentioned on the list before, silicone will also swell the
seals in an Easy Bleed system over time and makes the seals unusable.    I
learned that the hard , expensive way.

MARK