Re: No Charge

To: LarryRPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: No Charge
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:36:19 +0800
Larry -

It is fairly common for voltage regulator relay contacts to fry if the
generator is charging too long.  This will happen if your battery was
low on charge... and then with the new regulator... it was charging
for a far longer period than it is designed to take.

You can investigate this by popping off the regulator cover and
looking at the contact points.  If one of them looks burned or
partially melted, that is your problem.

In many cases you can sand paper the contact ends and re bend the
contact points closer together and the voltage regulator will start
working again, otherwise you need to get a new voltage regulator.
Fully charge your battery with a bench charger before starting the
car!

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8