Rear Wheel Seal Replacement

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Wheel Seal Replacement
From: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:57:34 -0500
Do you have to remove the wheel bearing to replace the seal on the BJ8 rear
wheels?  It sure appears that way in the parts breakdown in the Moss
catalogue.  However, how is the rear wheel bearing lubricated if it is
outboard of the seal?????

Also, what is a good source for the special 8-sided socket I will need.  I
recall someone on the list posting a source recently but was unable to find
it in the search mode.  If I purchase the socket, should I buy a new 8-sided
nut or reuse the original?  Anything else you want to share on how to do
this is appreciated.  I have found a few postings in my search that are
quite informative.  Thanks, listers!

Please respond directly to me via e-mail as it takes a while for the list
compilation to show up for some reason on my system to
"steven.rizzo@randolph.af.mil.

Thanks in advance!

Steve Rizzo, Lt. Col.
AETC/XPRU