Classic Auto Insurance

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Classic Auto Insurance
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 07:52:32 -0700
Listers,
I have had Hagerty insurance on all of my old cars for years and it is good
and I actually had a good experience on a claim - my wife was driving our
'67 Morris Minor ragtop here in West LA and was hit head-on by a woman
driving a SUV whilst on the phone!!! The wife luckily was not hurt but the
car was pretty bad (whole front clip destroyed) and had I not had a garage
full of enough good sheet metal and chrome trim to replace the whole thing,
the car would have been beyond rational financial restoration. - it cost
over $1500 to repair the unibody and install the sheet metal - the body and
paint (the whole car) was $3500 more!  Since the car had "reasonable"
original paint and needed carpets I only had it insured for $ 6000
so............. they put some photos on the internet to salvage yards,
asked for bids, got two for $500 and sent me a check for $5500 and never
insisted on a salvage title. Fair as could have been expected.

If you live in California, you could consuder contacting Jon Barlow at
Barlow Insurance in Corona - He only writes Classic, Hot Rod and Kit car
insurance and Classic Car event insurance (we have both the LA and Palo
Alto British Meets insured with Jon) he offers a number of different
companies and can get you the best policy for your application :

909-279-4002
800-558-7772

Cheers,
Rick Feibusch
Coordinator:
The Los Angels British Car Meet
The Palo Alto British Car Meet
Concorso Venezia - Venice Beach Car Show