Breaking Spokes.

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Breaking Spokes.
From: "H. Carter" <carterh@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:12:32 -0400
All,

I bought my chrome wheels from MOSS starting with two sets in 1984 and others
as money became available due to my in process restoration.  It took me a
couple years to get the car road worthy. I started driving it locally and to
shows and found many broken spokes.  I had to use my spare to get home from
one of the shows.  I didn't say anything to MOSS because I was sure it was way
past any warrantee or guarantee period.  I sent wheels to the  "Ye Ole Wheel &
Welding Shop"  in Glenburnie, MD to replace broken spokes in Sep of 1990.
Then again to Dayton Wheel where I had them do the same.  Then in 1994,
because they were still breaking I took 3 to Dayton in 1994 to have the rims
fitted with stainless steel (all I could afford at the time).  I recently took
my car to Healey Surgeons where he found and fixed 3 more spokes.  When I got
the car back I test drove it around the block and thought I'd check the wheel
he worked on.  I found 2 more broken spokes.  I no longer have the car.

Hal Carter
Hampton, VA