Re: 100-4 BN1 - what's the word on brake drums?

To: "Blue One Hundred" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, <Fiat500f@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 100-4 BN1 - what's the word on brake drums?
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:28:47 -0700
Paul,
I recently did a complete brake job on my front drum brakes.  Afterward, I
couldn't get some softness out of the brake pedal.  I pedal bleed the whole
system in correct sequence twice and still had a softness in the pedal.  I
finally discovered that one of the snail cam adjusters was not fully
adjusted to keep the shoe brushing the drum.  I thought I had them adjusted
o.k. after the job, but one was not up tight (the shoe should be just
brushing the drum when rotated without bakes applied).  When I adjusted the
one correctly, the pedal softness was gone!
Vrooom vrooom,
John