ARe: POSSIBLE VIRUS

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: ARe: POSSIBLE VIRUS
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:48:25 -0500
Ray, etal!!

<<Computer idiot that I am I tried to open the attachment.>>

Did it open?  Bet not.

<<  Am I screwed?>>

Only "if" it did, maybe.

<< or did the list catch and remove the virus?>>

Since you have that POS Norton, who knows?!?!?
The mail you got did NOT come from...@autox.team.com, Ray!!!

C    A    N    N    O    T    !!!!!!

For  EXACTLY the same reason that every once in a while, you will see
someone post that a picture is attached and the bottom of message says (to
the effect) [attachment stripped.....].

IF (and I use the word "loosely"<G>) Listers would READ the Rules that come
WITH your "subscription" to a List, you WOULD know all of that<BG>!!!

<<  How can I tell?  I have Norton Anti-
Virus installed.>>

 "Most likely"??  You can open Norton and there should be some sort of
drop-down menu item for "log" or similar.

Just FWIW, I have had Computer Associates EZ Suite for 4 or five years and
NEVER (knock on wood<G>) had a prob.  When I had Norton and/or MacAfee, LOTS
of computer "hang-ups/freezes".  An IT guy turned my on to CA's stuff.

What HAS transpired is that someone's computer has been infected.  The way
it works is to steal an address book and send to EVERYBODY in said address
book.

OK??

Ed