Re: 2-gorilla job?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2-gorilla job?
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:42:03 -0400
Hi, Allen -
You are trying to remove the nuts in the wrong direction.  On the left side of
the car (from the rear, facing forward) the nut is a left-hand thread.
Unscrew it clockwise.  The other nut is a normal right-hand thread.

Here's a technique that worked for me to solve problem of the socket slipping
off the nut:  use a screw jack and a short piece of 2 x 4 to support the
socket/ratchet where they join.  Adjust the jack to support the socket/ratchet
in a plane parallel to the floor.  This will prevent the hammer blows from
twisting the socket off the nut.

Good luck!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666