running Hot

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: running Hot
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:16:43 -0400
I seem to not be able to keep my car at a reasonable temperature. I tried a
Texas cooler which seemed to help a little but I started to see evidence of
the fan hitting the radiator so I just installed an electric fan. I find
that it doesn't come on until the temp guage reads over 200.  I also
installed a manual over ride so I could activate the fan as soon as the temp
starts to climb.  The fan seems to push quite a bit of air and definitely in
the correct direction.  Unfortunately I do not see the temperature coming
down. I am starting to wonder if my water pump is circulating the water. It
is a fairly new pump and I seem to think that the old one kept the
temperature down a little better. Does anyone know how to determine if the
pump is pumping a sufficient amount of water without removing it from the
car. Or does anyone have any other suggestions.