Re: heater control valve 3000 MK1

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Tim Newton"
Subject: Re: heater control valve 3000 MK1
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:03:24 -0700
Hi Tim,
I just repaired mine.  The handle was broken off just like yours is.  I had
a new hose bibb (hose cock?) sitting in my household plumbing parts bin so I
removed the valve stem and cut off the handle end which had a square end to
retain the handle with a threaded portion for a retaining nut.  All I had to
do was round off and polish the cut end and then tap matching threads into
the remaining part of the handle on the heater valve to receive the "new
handle".  It is also a little heavier than the original handle so should
hold up forever.  I re-conditioned all the block valves when I re-built my
engine so expect them to last.
Richard Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma